Resources for Parents and Families
Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council believes that:
- Families and communities are interdependent-strong families and healthy children create thriving communities.
- Every parent needs support at home, at work and throughout the community, from families, friends, neighbors and community resources and should be full partners in all aspects of the planning and delivery of services and supports for their child and family.
The early years of a child’s life — from birth to age eight — are critically important for learning and development. The Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines provide practical tips and points of reference that anyone can use to help kids grow.
For more information about how your child is learning and growing, visit www.earlylearningco.org.
We are committed to ensuring that parents and families are equal partners in the services they receive, in developing and enhancing the way in which our community delivers services, and in impacting the policies that guide our service delivery.
The Arapahoe County Early Childhood Council partners with the Arapahoe Library District to provide engaging programs at our local libraries. Please bring your children and check them out. Click the links below for more information, dates and times!
- Stories & More- ALD 2017– Theme-based stories for children with extended activities.
- Make and Take – ALD 2017– For parents or caregivers of young children.
- New Location- Glendale! Stories & More Glendale